Programme Manager Opportunity
Posted on Thursday, 6 January 2022 90 Views
POSITION : Programme Manager
REPORTS TO : PMO/General Manager
DATE : 6 January 2022
The above vacancy exists at Tushiyah Advisory Services to support programmes in Gauteng and the Northern Cape. Applications are invited from suitable candidates to the above position. This position is a Fixed Term Contract valid up to December 2022.
PURPOSE OF JOB
The primary responsibility of the Programme Manager is to direct and improve the respective programme and its related projects within a fast paced, dynamic environment. The Programme Manager oversees the coordination and administration of all aspects of a programme and projects including planning, organising, staffing, leading, and controlling programme activities, also programme budgets. A programme manager acts as a coordinator between multiple projects with a client or multiple clients and stakeholders to be sure their benefiting each other and aligning with overall business goals.
The programme manager is responsible for the overall running of a programme or programmes, the role is also responsible for managing individual projects, therefore the below duties inclusive of Project Management.
Programme Management (Inclusive of Project Management)
- Conduct project planning activities and manage the execution of large scale, high risk, or strategic projects according to plan.
- Define project objectives
- Develop scope of work
- Define project milestones
- Preparing and planning programmes and drive those activities through to successful conclusion.
- Plan the delivery of the programme and its activities in accordance with the mission and the goals of Tushiyah.
- Ensure effective quality assurance and overall integrity of the Programme and projects.
- Manage both the dependencies and the interfaces between projects
- Ensure the delivery of projects to the appropriate level of quality, on time and within budget, in accordance with the project / programme plans and programme governance arrangements.
- Ensure that programme activities operate within the policies and procedures of the organization.
- Guide project specialist in the effective implementation and monitoring of programme and operational plans.
- Contribute actively to ensuring that learning from projects are well documented (lessons learnt).
- Project manage key elements of the projects which have interdependencies across Tushiyah.
- Manage national and virtual project teams to ensure projects are delivered on time and on budget.
- Lead cross-functional project teams; allocating and monitoring tasks to ensure effective delivery.
- Manage and utilising resources effectively across projects.
- Represent company stakeholders at client meetings and presentations.
- Proactively identify changes in work scope and ensure appropriate planning measures are taken with internal and external stakeholders to reassess and amend the scope of work requirements, budget and timeline.
- Manage change requests
- Work with Business Development to draft proposals and provide input into costing
- Close out project activities.
- Determine what constitutes successful closure for all parties.
- Gain acceptance and sign-off by all parties when closure is attained.
- Ensure projects are closed out correctly with the required documentation and governance
Project Resources (Project Teams Across All Projects Managed)
- In consultation with the PMO and General Manager, recruit, interview and select well-qualified project team members.
- Implement the performance management process for all project staff.
- Ensure that all programme staff receive an appropriate orientation to Tushiyah, the PMO and the projects.
- Ensure all staff members receive appropriate training.
- Manage human capital, budgets and equipment related to projects
- Monitor and control team performance against project plans.
- Resource capacity planning and allocation (using a matrix model)
- Ensure all resource information is up to date and all resources have profiles
- Work with resource management on resource planning, availability and allocation according to projects pipeline
- Manage and communicate a clear vision of the projects objectives, and motivate the project teams to achieve them
- Create project environments that enables peak performance by team members.
- Coaching and Mentoring
- Perform Project Management Reviews and mentor project managers on project management methodology, standards and processes
- Coach to clarify assignments and deliverables to project team; review quality of work and manage integration of team members’ work; provide performance input to project team members’ functional management
Project Finances (Across All Projects Managed)
- Manage, monitor and report on project budgets
- Manage all project funds according to established accounting policies and procedures
- Ensure that all financial records for projects are up to date
- Provide required information to have invoices generated and submitted to clients according to the established timelines (with input from Project Specialists)
- Monitor and control costs
Monitoring and Evaluation (Across All Projects Managed)
- Develop and implement a Monitoring and Evaluation dashboard for each project
- Develop a programme evaluation framework and method to assess the strengths of the projects and to identify areas for improvement
- Proactively manage project stakeholder satisfaction to position and secure customer reference and success story
Governance and record keeping
- Define and implement the PMO governance and controls process
- Identify all project, programme and PMO documentation and reports
- Produce accurate and timely reporting of PMO and projects throughout their life cycle
- Ensuring documentation is maintained in the agreed form within the correct defined central repository structures (currently SharePoint)
- Ensure that all project management artefacts meet the standards of Tushiyah and are adhered to the technology policies and processes
- Ensure proper use of methodology, tools and procedures
- Super user of CITO; Business Edge and SharePoint
- Identify and implement IT and PM systems
- Report and escalate to management as needed
- Identify and improve on all project reporting
- Ensure all project reporting is on time and is of high quality
Risk and Issues
- Prepare and maintain issues and risk log
- Identify risks and issues across the PMO and within projects
- Managing risks and issues and taking corrective measurement
- Mitigating risks and addressing issues to ensure timely completion of programme and project milestones
- Identify all project stakeholders
- Develop a Stakeholder matrix and communication plan
- Proactively develop and manage communications to team members, clients, business owners and other stakeholders
- Develop and maintain relationships with clients
- Be the “face of Tushiyah” to clients (in the project environment)
- Maintain and monitor a communication plan as support for programme and project communication Manage relationship with project stakeholders, including internal and external clients, keeping stakeholders informed of progress and issues in order to manage expectations on all project requirements and deliverables
- 10+ years demonstrable solid project management experience in large scale, high risk, or strategic projects.
- Demonstrable experience of managing projects in a fast paced, changing environment.
- Proficient in Project Management - principles, methods, techniques and tools for the effective management of projects from initiation through to implementation.
- Experience in programme management
- Experience of defining and scoping project requirements
- Management of stakeholder expectations
- Hands on ability to manage and mitigate risk
- Management experience in managing medium size teams
- Management of remote resources (regional, national and global delivery)
- Cultural awareness and experience working across different cultures and nationalities
- Strong leadership and people management skills are desirable
- Leading in matrix organization and without formal authority
- Business process improvement
- Change Management
- Business Analysis
- Advanced University Degree, preferably in Commerce, Management, Project Management
- Project Management Qualification (PMBoK, Prince and/or Agile)
- Project Management Professional (PMP) and/or Programme Management Professional (PgMP)
COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work well with large and diverse teams
- Ability to work under pressure
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organisational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills
- Solid people management skills
- Effective planning
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Business acumen
- Unwavering commitment to quality
- Strategic thinking
- Highly adaptable
- An innovative approach to business
- Ability to work in complex and challenging environments
- Passion, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed
IT/COMPUTER LITERACY ESSENTIALS
Fully computer literate
- MS Excel Intermediate or Advanced
- MS Project Advanced preferable
- Other Project Management Tools preferable
- MS Word Advanced
- MS PowerPoint Advanced
- MS Project Intermediate
- MS Outlook Advanced
- MS SharePoint Intermediate
- MS Visio Intermediate
BUSINESS EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Good understanding of business operations/acumen
- A passion for small business development
- Experience in starting / running own business Previous project management experience in a small to medium size business
Closing Date: 14 January 2022
To apply: Your written application must include
- CV (maximum 4 pages)
- 3 contactable references (with telephone numbers)
- Covering letter telling us three reasons why you’re our top candidate for the job!
For info or to apply, contact Marisa Truter or Cheryl Pillay: email email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org Tel. 083 531 9828; 081 023 2292